Peace that passes Understanding

This old bible verse promise came to me like a consistant theme for our road trip to Ontario and back. When the world around us is in turmoil, change, disruption, chaos, and angst... we can maintain a sense of inner peace. We can hold onto peace and remain unattached to the craziness of our environment.

The key, I am beginning to understand more and more is grace. Having grace, going with the flow, trusting the pattern, letting go of control. If only we could remember in the moment that retrospection brings reason and explanation. Usually, when we look back we can see the divine planning that was unfolding regardless of what we were feeling or dealing with at the time. How human it is of us to forget that things will happen as they will.

Grace is the ability to let go of expectations, to let go of the outcome,to let go of our need to control everything. I got to practice this with my inlaws! LOL and as soon as I let go of "how I wanted things to be" a great and wonderful sense of peacefullness came over me.

It was a wonderful holiday because I allowed myself grace, to just relax and go with the flow. This is what my precious grandmother teaches me every time we are on the phone together. "Have Grace." she tells me "and the rest will take care of itself."

And so, when our worlds were getting turned upside down and all mixed up and things were not necessarily going to how I had hoped... I had this overwhelming and unexplainable sense of peacefullness. Things will all work out in the end, they always do. And so I didn't stress about anything, but instead I relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

www.1tent1culture.com

Comments

Popular Posts